Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Doggie Drama

Ernie is at the vet's office today getting his teeth cleaned and a lump removed from his neck. The procedures require Ernie to be anesthetized, so I had to sign a waiver stating that I understand there are risks associated with anesthetization. Of course, I've been fretting about this for the past few days. My mantra as I was getting ready today was, "He's gonna be fine...he's gonna be fine..."

So, Ernie and I walked into the vet's office first thing this morning, just in time to hear one of the vet techs saying to someone on the phone, "I know, I know...I'm so, so sorry....I know how much you loved him...He was a wonderful dog..." NOT what I wanted to hear. We almost turned around and left, but just then, another vet tech came out for Ernie and took him in the back. The tech returned a minute later to give me Ernie's collar and leash. I walked out of the building, got in my car, and started sobbing.

Say it with me: He's gonna be fine...he's gonna be fine...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ernie will be just fine....Chloe told me so this morning.

10:12 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home