Thursday, October 27, 2005

Coming Soon...

Guess what opens tomorrow? (Lee, I know you know...)


And in less than a month...


Now, I'm not a huge fan of Rent, but I must say that the previews sure make the movie look good.

I saw a touring production of Rent in Bloomington. There were about 25 folding chairs set up in front of the stage for the select few who were...uh..."lucky enough" to get those seats. (I was happily stationed in the mezzanine.) Let me tell you, the people in those seats were absolute Rent-aholics. Screaming, dancing, singing, rushing the stage. Okay, so there are a few decent musical moments in the show ("One Song Glory"..."I Should Tell You"..."Seasons of Love"), but overall, I don't understand the hysteria at all. And it's infuriating that this show has been on Broadway for almost ten years, while Jane Eyre only lasted six months. And don't EVEN get me started on the undue popularity of The Producers...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Point of order...

I think you meant undue, not undo.

Me

8:36 PM EST  
Blogger Amanda said...

I'm gonna point your order. (WDTM?) Okay, okay...it's updated.

3:20 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home