Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Bravo, BB&T

Today, BB&T announced that it "will not lend to commercial developers that plan to build condominiums, shopping malls and other private projects on land taken from private citizens by government entities using eminent domain.” Not surprising after reading the company's values.

Following Sam Moore's lead, I have sent the following email to my bank and encourage you to do the same.
Please follow BB&T's example and refuse to loan money to developers who plan to build commercial projects on land taken from private citizens by the government through the power of eminent domain.

I am one of your customers. This is very important to me and your action in this matter will influence my decision to remain with [primary financial institution]. I hope that, like BB&T, your "values dictate (y)our decision-making and operating standards. From that standpoint, this (is) a straightforward decision; it's simply the right thing to do."

I look forward to your response.
(Via VC.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home