Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Commonplace Book

*Updated 03 March 2009*

I started a commonplace book a while back. I write miscellaneous things in it: quotes I like, a list of books I intend to read, things I want to accomplish, recipes I want to try, various tidbits of information to remember, etc. It's a way to track and organize the hodgepodge of stuff that endlessly swirls around in my head.

Since this blog is also a sort of commonplace book, I figure it makes sense to keep some of that stuff here. So that's what I'm going to do. I've created a permanent link to this post in the "More About Me" section to the right, so I'll update it periodically to add new things and note which items have been completed.

THINGS TO DO:

  • Go SCUBA diving
  • Be an extra in a movie
  • Sing the national anthem at a sporting event
  • Run a 5k
  • See the sun rise at West Quoddy Head, Maine
  • Write a musical
  • Visit the Louvre
  • Take ballroom dancing lessons
  • Put a toe in the Mediterranean
  • See the Himalaya
  • Go on an Alaskan cruise
  • Go on safari (DONE! August 2007)
  • Ride an elephant (DONE! May 2006)
  • Visit the World War II Memorial (DONE! April 2006)
  • Tour the National Holocaust Museum (DONE! April 2006)

PLACES TO VISIT:

  • All 50 states (To do: Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Hawai'i, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin)
  • Chichén Itzá, Mexico
  • Cairo, Egypt
  • Angkor, Cambodia
  • Rome and Florence, Italy
  • Paris and Provence, France
  • Chiang Mai, Thailand (DONE! May 2006)
  • London, England (DONE! May 2005)

READING LIST:

WISHLIST:

1 Comments:

Blogger dream royale said...

well, it shouldn't take you more than a couple of years to finish all that!! lol.

9:18 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home