Friday, February 17, 2006

A Day in the Life of Lee

This email is just one example of the many reasons to love Lee.
You will NOT believe the afternoon I have had.

12:30 - I missed a phone call from Hillsborough Community College (henceforth referred to as HCC) in Plant City, FL.
12:47 - Realized I missed phone call and returned call.
12:51 - Set up interview in Plant City for Saturday (yes, Saturday) Mar 4 at 12:30.
1:12 - Purchased airline tickets to Florida, leaving Thu, Mar 2 and returning Sun, Mar 5 (both direct flights).
1:24 - Realized I would need official transcripts to take to interview (HCC policy) and began work on mailing transcript requests to the plethora of schools which I have attended.
1:57 - Went to post office to ensure mailing of transcript requests today.
2:17 - Returned home from post office.
2:18 - Recieved phone call from HCC in Brandon (different HCC branch) to set up a different interview. Choice of either Friday, Feb 24 (next Friday) or Tuesday Mar 7. Chose Friday, Feb 24 because schedule at ESM is very busy on Monday (didn't want to miss).
2:29 - Realized that I cannot miss school on Friday, Feb 24 for various reasons.
2:30 - Called HCC Brandon HR to reschedule for Tues, Mar 7. (Big mess - details to follow via phone conference).
2:57 - Called Airtran Airways to beg them to change my reutrn flight from Orlando to Rochester on Sun, Mar 5 to Tampa to Rochester on Tuesday, Mar 7. Yolanda was very helpful and agreed.
3:04 - Realized I need two official transcripts from the plethora of schools which I have attended because I now have two intereviews.
3:05 - S#!$ my pants!
3:06 - Cleaned myself and began filling out transcript request for fax services.
3:16 - Discovered that the University of Hawai'i has increased their transcript fee from $9 to $15 (what a rip-off), so the previous request is now invalid which is mute anyway because I still need to send another request.
3:34 - Head off to the Kinko's (I wonder if they're open) to fax.
3:37 - Realize that the Kinko's listed on the website is no longer there (what is this, Friendly's)
3:38 - Curse Kinko's.
3:41 - Arrive at UPS store to fax requests.
3:42 - Get in a fight with a woman who is trying to decide if her vintage comic books and "delicate" (her word) bone china is considered "magazine size" - she ruined my life.
3:51 - Called ONU Registrar to verify receipt of transcript request.
3:53 - Called UH Registrar to verify receipt of transcript request.
3:55 - Called IU Registrar to verify receipt of transcript request.
4:08 - Returned home and wrote this e-mail.

I hate my life.

BFF
XOXOXO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home