Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Virginia Won't Break for Bacon

From The Washington Times:

[Virginia] has rejected two proposed markers near the sites of fatal crashes, contending that the memorials are for people, not pigs.

[...] People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) proposed the signs, each at a cost of $300, in memory of hogs that were killed on the way to slaughter at Smithfield Foods, the world's largest hog processor.

[...] The signs were to read: "99 pigs died here because of driver negligence Please drive with caution. PETA."
I hit a rabbit once and cried about it on and off for the rest of the day. I've put my life in danger many times, swerving to avoid animals. Yes, I'm an animal lover, but this suggestion is beyond ridiculous. What's next? We start carrying little R.I.P./awareness signs to post on the road sides when we accidentally hit something? We get points on our licenses or our insurance rates go up for nailing a squirrel?

(Via Nick.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I brake for Bacon at IHOP, that's about it!

2:53 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home