Thursday, March 02, 2006

40 Days Without Chocolate

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, which marks the beginning of the Season of Lent. Though I am not religious in traditional ways, I like the Lenten tradition of giving up something you enjoy. It's a good way to rekindle some self discipline and remind ourselves that we should not be slaves to pleasure.

This year, I've decided to give up chocolate. Chocolate is not a daily indulgence for me, but it's definitely going to be a challenge to resist it for forty days. Especially when the Trader Joe's chocolate-covered blueberries I have locked in my desk drawer are calling my name and it's only the second day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Jesus gave his life, but he didn't give up chocolate, so neither should I.

2:35 PM EST  
Blogger Amanda said...

How can you argue with that logic? :)

2:42 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home