Sunday, April 02, 2006

Simple Pleasures

I considered going to D.C. to see the cherry blossoms today, but I decided to spend the day doing things around home instead. Ernie was happy with this decision, since it included a lovely four-mile walk with him.

It was a perfect spring day – sunny and warm with a slight breeze. We crossed paths with quite a few people, all of them saying "Hello," and smiling as they passed. Other folks were outside doing yard work, playing with their children, or just relaxing and enjoying the day.

Afterwards, I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. While browsing the frozen foods I came across VIP Smoothies. On sale for $2.50, I decided to try the Cherry Berry Blizzard flavor.

The instructions were simple enough: pour the frozen fruit (a mixture of blueberries, bananas, strawberries, cherries, and red raspberries), smoothie mix and fruit juice (I used apple) into the blender, blend until smooth, and enjoy. And MAN, did I enjoy it! Thick, fruity, sweet, but not too sweet, and incredibly refreshing, it was exactly what I was craving. Plus, with its nutritious benefits (antioxidants, vitamins and fiber), it made a great snack.

Ernie and I sat on the patio while I sipped my smoothie, enjoying the sounds and smells of the spring evening. It doesn't get much better than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home