Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day Weekend Recap

Friday evening, I did some baking (chocolate peanut butter chip cookies and pecan pie muffins) for my visit to my folks’ house, cleaned up the apartment a bit, and read. KB and Chloe came up for dinner on Saturday, followed by some last-minute shopping for vacation and the monthly routine of doing her blonde highlights.

Sunday, Ernie and I went to my folks’ house. Mom made a delicious dinner and apple pie, then we spent the evening laughing, mostly at Dad (while telling a story, instead of saying “turn of the century,” he accidentally said, “turd of the century – you can deny it all you want, Dad, but we all heard it!), and watching a crappy movie.

I saw my chiropractor yesterday for a much-needed adjustment, then I took my folks to lunch before returning home to Frederick. Ernie knew I would be leaving without him at some point, so he spent the afternoon strategically positioning himself between me and my car. It was tough to leave him there, especially considering the sad puppy eyes and drooping tail he offered as I drove away. But I know he’ll have a blast at Camp Grammy & Grampy while I'm vacationing.

Tonight, I have an audition for The Choral Arts Society of Washington. They have some good music on their concert schedule this year: Beethoven’s Missa Solemnis, Poulenc’s Stabat Mater, Mozart’s Mass in C Major. The audition consists of a test of the singer’s range, sight singing (yuck), tonal memory, and a prepared song (I’m doing Schubert’s Der Tot und das Mädchen). It’s not quite a like landing a leading role at the Met, but I really, REALLY miss performing, but this will have to do...for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home