Sunday, August 27, 2006

No More Shopping. Ever.

Okay, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but I’m shopped out and don’t think I’ll feel the urge to set foot in a store for the foreseeable future.

KB and I went to the Prime Outlets in Hagerstown today to take advantage of the end-of-summer sales and tax-free shopping going on this weekend. I bought a stunning red (of course) coat at London Fog. The retail price was $175, but I got it for the bargain basement price of $42. Then, we taste-tested our way through the Harry and David store and each bought a jar of salsa (artichoke for me, mango for KB) and a bottle of martini mix (pumpkin for me, caramel apple for her – yep, we’re ready for Autumn). I also bought some Berry Basket Black Tea, which I’ll make tomorrow, iced, an amazing sports bra (comfortable AND supportive, imagine that) at the Bali store for 50% off, and a skirt and two shirts at the Bass outlet at 70% off. What a steal!

After 5+ hours of hardcore shopping, we were exhausted and hungry. We had mediocre Chinese for dinner on the way home, the best part of which was the fresh Chinese donuts for dessert.

Now, I’m relaxing, waiting for the dryer to finish its cycle, and watching Signs. I saw it in the theater when it came out several years ago and wasn’t overly impressed. I’ve since changed my opinion. It’s thrilling, frightening, touching, has a simple, yet completely believable script, and is very well-acted. Joaquin Phoenix is particularly fantastic and quite adorable. Too bad he’s such a weirdo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home