Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Results

It's over. In ten days, I've lost 7 pounds and 6½ inches, and gained a lot of useful knowledge:
  • I've seen how food truly serves as fuel for the body and mind.
  • I now recognize the difference between being hungry enough to need food, and wanting to eat out of boredom, habit or emotion.
  • "Comfort foods" don't have to be off limits, but they shouldn't be staples of my diet; I can survive without them, be just as comforted by other things, and I'll appreciate them more by eating them less.
  • Exercise is key, not for only getting in shape, but also for sleeping better and feeling good.
  • Being healthy is a lifelong endeavor.

So what happens now? Now, I continue to eat healthily, keep exercise as part of my daily routine, and know I'll live a longer, healthier, happier life for it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on not only the loss of pounds, but inches as well. I know I couldn't stick to a strict diet for 10 days. You're a trooper!

9:25 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home