Monday, November 14, 2005

Murder in Lititz

When I first heard about the murder/possible kidnapping in PA on Fox News this morning, all I caught was that it happened somewhere in Amish Country. Then I read that it happened in Lancaster County...in Lititz. Holy #&@*!

I grew up in Lancaster County. I vividly remember going to the Sturgis Pretzel House in Lititz as a little girl. The tour started with each person getting a blob of pretzel dough, which you got to roll and twist into a pretzel (or another shape, if you were daring). Then they'd bake your pretzel creation while you toured the place and you'd pick it up afterwards. I don't think they offer this as part of the tour anymore, but man, was it fun!

One summer when my friend Melissa and I were both home from college, we joined the YWCA in Lititz and went several times a week to play racquetball and workout. Almost every time we went, we'd end up driving behind a horse and buggy most of the way. How is this story coming out of Lititz?! I am dumbfounded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home