Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Travel Anxiety

I'm leaving on Saturday morning for a twelve-day business trip to Bangkok, Thailand. This trip has been in the works for months, so I’ve had plenty of time to get excited and plan. I'm looking forward to touring exotic temples, eating new and unusual foods, and shopping in colorful markets. But I’m also a bit nervous about spending 20+ hours on a plane, dealing with insanely high humidity and temperatures constantly in the 90s, not knowing what to expect at the work site, etc. Until last night, I didn’t realize how anxious the trip is making me.

Last night, I dreamt I was traveling in Egypt, where met a very friendly Egyptian woman. After spending a lovely day together, she insisted that I meet her for dinner that evening, so she could introduce me to her brother.

I went to the address of the restaurant where I was to meet them, but it wasn’t a restaurant at all – it was a cover up for a white slave trading organization. I was kidnapped and forced into prostitution. When I refused to have sex with my first client, I was beaten and stabbed between the shoulder blades. Thinking I was dead, they threw my body on a wooden cart, which was covered with other dead bodies. I was carted all over and saw people being killed left and right, before their limp bodies were thrown on top of me.

A lot of other terrifying things happened, but I can’t seem to remember them now. I did manage to escape and find the U.S. embassy. I crawled in the front door with the knife still sticking out of my back.

Keep your fingers crossed that this was just trip-related anxiety and that I’m not the next Sylvia Browne.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy dreams! Don't forget to take a bottle of Xanax!

1:14 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home