Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Weekend Recap

It was tough coming to work this morning. Ernie and I spent the three-day holiday weekend in PA with my family and had a grand time. Dinner at McGrath’s Irish Pub on Saturday was delish, especially the baked potato soup. Dan’s bacon-wrapped scallops looked amazing. He said they tasted as good as they looked and suggested it might be worth the trip to the emergency room for me to try one, but I declined.

Easter Sunday, my mom and I made an apple pie, then I did the dishes and straightened up, while Dan took a bike ride and my folks took Bert and Ernie for a romp in the woods.


I read in the sunroom for a few hours – okay, read for an hour, napped for an hour – before enjoying a wonderful dinner of baked ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, lemon poppy seed bread and, of course, apple pie.

I visited my beloved chiropractor and the massage therapist on Monday for a much-needed adjustment and massage. Then I treated my folks to lunch at The Brickerville House and shopping at Esbenshade’s Greenhouse before Ernie and I hopped in the car and headed home.

Now I just have to find creative ways to prepare the forty zillion pounds of leftover ham mom sent back with me.

Update: I successfully made it through Lent without chocolate and rewarded myself with a Hershey bar at 12:01 AM on Easter morning. "Why a Hershey bar," you ask? Well, I think Hershey makes the best chocolate, period. It's simple and it's delicious. And after being chocolate-free since March 1st, it was pure heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home