Monday, April 10, 2006

Weekend Recap

I can hardly believe the weekend is over already.

Friday, I went to Blues Alley in D.C. to see Jack Jones. When Brent made the suggestion a few weeks ago, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I had heard of Mr. Jones, but wasn’t familiar with his voice or style and thought he might be an old lounge lizard with a vibrato a mile wide. Boy, was I wrong! His voice was in fantastic shape and his show, a mixture of standards and showtunes, was great. A really lovely evening of conversation, laughter, dessert, music, and a walk through the streets of D.C., huddled under a tiny umbrella.

I spent Saturday relaxing at home, doing some cleaning, reading and watching Corpse Bride (which was great). A great way to spend a rainy day.

My mom came down to visit on Sunday. We enjoyed a terrific meal at Macaroni Grill before we headed to Baltimore to see Michael Bublé. (Surprisingly, I won two tickets to the concert on eBay for $50; they were originally $75 each.) He was just as fantastic the second time around. My mom loved him, particularly his rendition of “Come Fly With Me.” She said she had to remind herself to breathe several times during the show.

It was a wonderful weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home