Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Weekend...So Far

Friday, I went to Brent’s house for a delicious home-cooked meal of chicken stir-fry with rice, egg rolls and homemade ice cream. That guy can cook! Then we watched Spirited Away and enjoyed talking late into the night. My drive home was slowed after I nearly hit a deer. I had to slam on the breaks and swerve into the other lane to avoid it. Thank God no cars were coming in the other direction.

I slept in on Saturday and, man, did I need it. I could hardly believe it when I rolled over to read the clock: 12:28! I guess that’s what happens when you don’t go to bed until after 3:00 AM and you're still working to re-set your body's clock after being on the other side of the world. Then, I drove down to Germantown to have an early dinner with KB at El Tejano. We made a quick trip to the mall to have her new watch sized, a stop at Target for a few odds and ends, and finally, dessert at Cold Stone Creamery. I returned home, planning to make a loaf of blueberry bread, but realized I was out of cooking oil. Going out again seemed like too much effort, so I watched an episode of Law and Order, took a long, hot bath and collapsed on the couch to read for a while.

My dad’s having surgery on Monday. So, I’ll head to PA later today for Mother’s Day with my family, then I’ll spend Monday at the hospital with Dad, and return home (with Ernie) on Monday evening.

Another busy weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home