Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Softball, Interview at FCC, Weekend in PA...

It’s been a week since I’ve posted anything? Jeez, where is the time going? Okay, here’s what’s up:

I played softball for the first time in weeks last Tuesday. The weather was miserable; close to 100 degrees and absolutely no breeze. But despite the sweat and bugs, we still managed to have fun. Playoffs are next week, so that will be the end of the season. I’ve really enjoyed playing, but I’m burned out and ready for it to end.

I had an interview at FCC for an adjunct faculty position in their Music department. As part of the interview, I taught a short lesson to a student. She was sixteen and rather advanced for her age, so we vocalized for about 15 minutes, then we worked on “The Suns Whose Rays” from The Mikado. My sight reading at the piano was kinda rough, as I knew it would be, but the interview went well and, assuming they have the enrollment numbers they expect, it looks like I’ll be teaching there this fall.

I went to my parents’ house this weekend to pick up Ernie, who had been there for two weeks while I was traveling. Boy, was he happy to see me! (It’s nice to be loved.) We stayed in Friday night for dinner and good conversation. (Some topics we covered: Naming the five state capitals west of/on the Mississippi that start with “Sa”. No cheating! Have you seen the “Messing with Sasquatch” commercials or Usama on Family Guy? Hysterical stuff!) Saturday, we went to lunch and a movie. FYI, if you’re thinking of seeing The Night Listener, don’t bother. It’s the worst movie I’ve seen in a long, long time.

Sunday, KB and I spent the afternoon at the pool, getting our fair skin ready for our up-coming fun-in-the-sun vacation. (30 days and counting....) Then we enjoyed dinner at Hard Times Café and a bit of shopping.

This week’s been rather relaxed. Tonight, I’ll head to Rockville for dinner at That’s Amore. Friday, I’m hoping to get together with the G-town gang for cards. And the weekend’s reserved for a good book and a lounge chair by the pool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home