Monday, December 11, 2006

Blink And The Weekend's Gone

I can hardly believe the weekend is over, but since it's already lunchtime on Monday, I guess it's true.

Friday evening, my folks had their Christmas open house. The house was beautifully decorated and became even more festive as friends and family arrived. There were about 80 guests in all, touring the house, talking, laughing, eating, but not eating quite as much as Mom had planned. If I calculated correctly, we should finish the leftovers sometime in Spring 2009. But no matter, it was a fantastic time for all and reaffirmed the fact that I have a wonderful family and they have wonderful friends.

Saturday, I returned home in time to join KB, Ann, Chris and Conrad for KB's birthday party at Sakura. Afterwards, we returned to KB's house for cocktails and board games. As it was KB's birthday celebration, she got to choose the games. First on her list was Tabloid Teasers. In short, it's like Balderdash, but with tabloid headlines instead of definitions. Each player fills in the blank of a tabloid headline, then all headlines are read aloud, including the real one, and the players vote for the one they think is real. Everyone was very creative and we had some good laughs. We then played two short rounds of Family Feud, until we realized it was 2:00 AM and our beds were calling to us.

Sunday, I delighted in sleeping as late as Ernie would allow, then took him for a long walk, did some chores around the house, and treated KB to a birthday dinner at Bertucci's.

And now it's Monday. I get the feeling the rest of 2006 will be gone before I know it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home