Monday, November 06, 2006

The New Car

Yesterday, I was planning to drive down to Ikea in College Park. When I started my car, I noticed a strange rattling sound behind the dashboard. Not good. As I pulled out of my parking space, it felt very sluggish, and as I started down 270, I realized the engine was revving very high and wasn't shifting. So, I turned around and came home.

This morning, I took the car in to get it checked out and found that it needed a new transmission. Yikes! Since it's a 1990 with 117,000 miles on it, putting $3000+ into fixing it was not an option. So, I spent the morning test driving cars and ended up purchasing my first brand new car!


Sadly, I only got $200 for my old car. That's right, $200!! I guess that's what happens when the repairs required are more than three times the value of the car. But I'm thrilled with my purchase and look forward to many happy years behind the wheel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home