Monday, March 06, 2006

Bublé Concert Review

KB and I went to see Michael Bublé in concert on Friday night. You may recall that I gave his most recent CD a glowing recommendation. Believe it or not, the live performance was even better than the recording. As you know, this is not the norm nowadays. It’s amazing how many horrible singers are transformed to sound like actual musicians through the magic of modern recording trickery. But Mr. Bublé sounded phenomenal, while his humor and comfort on stage made the 3,700-seat DAR Constitution Hall feel like an intimate venue. And the band, my God, the band! Making a conscious effort not to jump up and start swing dancing, I could hardly sit still in my seat and didn't want the evening to end. Without a doubt, it was the best concert I've seen.

Of course, it didn't hurt that Mr. Bublé happened to visit the section in which KB and I were seated. Before doing so, he commented that the folks up front had a great view, but the folks in the back paid good money and should get an up-close view as well. So, he leapt off the stage, ran down the center aisle, disappeared momentarily, and re-appeared right in front of us! KB and I instantly turned into 12-year-old girls, screaming like maniacs and launching ourselves across the couple between us and Michael. He touched KB's hand as he ran up the stairs and grabbed my shoulder as he went back down. I managed to snap a picture with my cell phone, but haven’t been able to download it because of some problem with the service. (Damn Sprint!) Don't worry. I'll post the picture as soon as I am able. I know you'll be waiting with bated breath...

Update: Check out his zany video for "Feeling Good" and his ultra-cool version of "Spider-Man" here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, the concert was excellent and I would recommend to everyone. If it comes to your area, go see him!

P.S. I'm sure Amanda will have a rebuttal, but.....Michael Buble is to Amanda what Ben Roethisberger is to Kirstin! heheheheh

3:30 PM EST  
Blogger Amanda said...

Uh, yeah, I have a rebuttal - and evidence to support it. Do I have MB as my screen saver? No. Do I have one, let alone multiple articles of clothing displaying MB's name? No. Do I secretly wish harm upon relatives of family friends who know MB? No. Oh, and as a side note: MB is rather cute, a fact which Kirstin will support. Unfortunately, I can’t same the same of Mr. Roethlisberger. Ouch!

3:42 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just sucked out all the air in my office. For shame on you Amanda!

4:21 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home