Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Beautiful Long Weekend

I spent the evening at home on Friday, lazing on the couch, watching A History of Violence. Yuck. Its premise was decent enough, but with weak direction and ridiculous dialogue, it failed miserably.

Saturday, I spent the day doing chores around the apartment before heading to Brent’s for the evening. We went to dinner at Thoroughbreds Grill and Brewing where we had a delicious meal of grilled mahi-mahi for me, pecan-encrusted swordfish for Brent, then back to his house for luscious homemade chocolate cake and ice cream. He then shared with me two beautiful movies: Princess Mononoke and My Neighbor Totoro. I’m starting to gain a real appreciation for anime. C'mon, who wouldn't want to ride the catbus?

The weather was perfect today, so I packed a lunch, a blanket and a book, and headed over to Ballenger Creek Park with Ernie. We enjoyed a hike around the beautiful but short hiking trail, then lounged in the grass, me eating lunch and reading, Ernie watching the birds. When the breeze died and the sun became too much for my fair skin, we packed up and came home. Now, I’m making my grocery list and deciding what to do with the rest of my evening.

Tomorrow promises to be another beautiful day, so KB and I are planning to get outside for a game of tennis. Should be interesting, since neither of us has played in years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home