Friday, May 26, 2006

"I was just trying to...oh, never mind."

I got an e-mail from my mom with a bunch of interesting tidbits of information. Things like:

In the 1400's a law was set forth that a man was not allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence, we have "the rule of thumb."

And:

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades = King David; Hearts = Charlemagne; Clubs = Alexander the Great; Diamonds = Julius Caesar.

Interesting stuff, but the most intriguing was:

It is impossible to lick your elbow.

Of course, I had to try it. And I'm sad to report that I failed to lick my elbow. However, I did succeed at making myself look like a complete idiot, especially when a co-worker walked into my cube at that very moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home