Thursday, May 18, 2006

This and That

Not much time to write lately, so here's a brief update:

  • Thankfully, my dad’s surgery on Monday went very well. He was released today and now faces several weeks of recovery at home.
  • My softball team had its second night of games on Tuesday. (I missed the first when I was in Thailand.) We played well, but were slaughtered—I don’t even know the final scores. From what I hear, the team we played has never lost a game in several years of being in the league. I went three for four at the plate and made a double play. Our next game is tonight, as long as the rain stays away.
  • I’m scheduled to make two more return trips to Bangkok, one at the end of June, the other at the end of July. There’s also talk of going to Nepal and Kenya within the next six months. I'm feeling rather mixed emotions about all this traveling.
  • Melissa, a dear friend I found in high school when we spent a season marching next to each other in band (go, mellophones!), will get married on June 24th. The wedding promises to be unlike any other and will include a casual ceremony on her parents’ lawn, a barbeque, lawn games and an evening bonfire.
  • KB and I have plans to venture up to Gettysburg on Saturday. A day of historic sightseeing? No, not this time. We’ll visit the outlets and have lunch at Friendly’s. Let’s hope it goes better than the last time we tried this.
  • Taylor and Katharine are the final two singers left on American Idol. Blech. Remind me why I watch that show?
Otherwise, things have been rather routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home