Tuesday, June 27, 2006

In Thailand: And The Hits Just Keep On Comin'

It's 12:30 AM here and I'm wide awake and hungry. I guess that's what happens when you fall asleep at 6:00 PM without having dinner. And it doesn't help when someone in the States calls at 11:00 PM,waking you from a sound sleep, but at least the call had some good news: Someone back in my office was able to pull a few strings and get authorization for me to bypass the log on rules that require the use of my forgotten I.D. card. Yes, I'm on my laptop. Woohoo!

Now for the bad news: We got some very unexpected information during our in-briefing with the institute Commander yesterday, which has resulted in the scheduling of a conference call with our office first thing tomorrow morning. I have a good guess about the cause of the problem and I don't think I'm going to like the outcome of this call. (Vague, I know. There's just way too much detail involved.) I'm just hoping things get ironed out for good, one way or another.

And speaking of ironing, I burned my arm on the iron this evening. All I can say is thank goodness for the delicious pomegranate tea I got earlier today and am enjoying now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home