Sunday, June 11, 2006

Busy Sunday

Today ended up being much busier than I had anticipated. Busy, but fun.

KB and I went to the America Sings! concert at Strathmore. We'd never been there before and found it to be an interesting venue.

With stained white birch and bronze metal grillage walls, maple floors, clear maple and aubergine velour seats, and red birch accents, the Concert Hall is visually stunning while feeling warm and inviting at the same time.
Yeah, lots and lots of wood. Plus, there were theater boxes along the walls that reminded me of the Galactic Senate's viewing platforms. As for the concert, parts were rather good, parts were not. But the best thing I got out of it was a purchase at the gift shop: a Mozart action figure. Oh, yeah, he'll be on my desk at work starting tomorrow. And during my lunch break, I'll download the fold-up piano for him.

After the concert, we stopped at Trader Joe's for a few odds and ends (chocolate-covered blueberries, mango tea, an organic vodka sauce, etc.), went to dinner at Woodside Deli, and returned to KB's house.

KB decided to join eHarmony a few days ago, so I took a few pictures for her to post and I helped re-write her profile. (See, I know how great she is, but after reading what she had written, I probably would have closed the match. No offense, KB! You know I love you and I'd date you in a heartbeat...if I was into chicks. Alas, I am not.)

So, now I'm home, writing and half-watching the Tonys. I have one thing to say: The people who decided to make The Wedding Singer into a musical should be shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home