Tuesday, June 27, 2006

In Thailand: A Rough Start

The good news: The trip to Bangkok was rather uneventful and my luggage and I made it here in one piece. (I've been having nightmares about my luggage getting lost.) The bad news: I realized upon arrival at my hotel room early this morning that I forgot my I.D. card, which is required to log on to my laptop. In other words, I can’t use my computer. I called our IT help desk back in the States to find out if there is some way around this, only to be informed that such action is possible, but not authorized. My tearful pleas didn't even faze those heartless bastards, so I'm forced to share a laptop with Jeff, the co-worker I'm here with.

Then, after getting only two and a half hours of sleep last night, I discovered that I had no hot water in my bathroom. Not a great way to start the day.

Things can only get better, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home