Wednesday, June 28, 2006

In Thailand: Happy Feet

Today showed definite signs of improvement. I had a conversation with my boss first thing this morning and explained the situation here in detail. Fortunately, he is supportive of everything I'm doing here and knows what I can and can't accomplish - not because of my ability or knowledge, but because of my position. (Trying to make an Army Colonel do something when you're a government contractor is like trying to make a moose tap dance.) Anyway, I'll continue with my work as planned and try not to fret about the rest.

After work was over for the day, Jeff and I went shopping and I finally got a "same same, but different" T-shirt. See, Thai people say this when they are trying to explain that something is very similar, but a bit different. Same same, but different...understand? Yeah, me neither.

Next, we stopped off for a Thai foot massage. Sixty minutes of pure podiatric pain and pleasure. If I lived here, I would do this every day.

Now, after a delicious Thai dinner, I'm ready to take a nice, long bath and hit the hay for a good night's sleep. Ahhh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home