Saturday, June 10, 2006

Cards, An Anniversary, Yoga, etc.

I went down to Germantown last night to play cards with KB, Ann, Chris and Conrad. The five of us haven't hung out for a few months, so we had a good time talking (about relationships, parenting, religion and Barry Manilow), drinking margaritas, snacking on all kinds of munchies, and playing Spades and Euchre. (Conrad and I are still undefeated at Euchre. Yeah, we rock.) It was a lot of fun, but I learned that I'm getting too old to stay out until 4:00 AM.

Today is my parents' 39th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, my mom is recovering from a particularly nasty flu, so their celebration consisted of an evening at home, watching War of the Worlds. My day consisted of a long walk with Ernie, a trip to PetSmart for various doggie necessities, and not much else. For some reason, I've been feeling anxious and antsy all day and haven't been able to concentrate on anything. I dug out one of my Yoga videos tonight, thinking that might help, but it didn't. However, it did remind me how much I enjoy Yoga and that I should do it more often.

KB and I had a chat tonight about the vacation we're planning for September. We've been considering a trip to South Padre Island, but lately I've been questioning my desire to go there. Originally, a beach vacation sounded like a good idea for a long weekend, but now that we've decided to extend it to five days, I'm not so sure. I brought up the possibility of Las Vegas. Although I'm not one for gambling, I wouldn't mind relaxing and reading by a pool in the desert, seeing Cirque De Soleil, and making a side trip to the Grand Canyon. Plus, Lee has accepted a teaching position at UNLV and will be moving there in August, so there's the added convenience of having him as a host. After our discussion tonight, I've come to the conclusion that SPI is a good destination after all.

Tomorrow, I'll be going to the America Sings! concert at Strathmore:
This fast-paced, 90-minute concert will feature more than 300 singers in a kaleidoscope of choral music from the Revolutionary War to the present by significant American choral composers. The concert features a variety of ensembles that will perform on stage and throughout the concert hall, drawing talent from some of the most outstanding choruses, chorus leaders, and composers in this country.
A kaleidoscope of choral music? Not sure what that means, but it should be fun. And, hey, the tickets were free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home