Thursday, June 08, 2006

One-Minute Vacations

I listen to music at work almost constantly. Sometimes, when I get to a song that I particularly love, I'll close my eyes, turn up the volume enough to drown out the sounds outside of my headphones, and pray that I won't be disturbed by an unexpected visitor for the next few minutes.

Today, I came across this. And I love it! Not only can I escape through music, but through a bazillion other sounds.

One-minute vacations are unedited recordings of somewhere, somewhen. Sixty seconds of something else. Sixty seconds to be someone else.

I can’t wait to listen to each one. But rather than plow through them, one right after another, I’m going to savor them and save them for the moments I need that mini vacation most. (At the rate work has been going this week, I'll probably get through all of them by the end of the day tomorrow.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home