Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Final Memories of 2005

There were quite a few moments during my holiday adventures in Ohio that will be forever burned in my brain:

  • At dinner on Wednesday night, our server came to check on us, saying, “Is everything delish?” Without hesitating, Lee gushed, “It’s terrif!”

  • When KB, Lee and I arrived at JD’s apartment, KB went to the refrigerator to put away the leftovers from our dinner at J. Alexander’s (which was fantastic, just as expected). She started chuckling and said, “There’s nothing in here. Nothing!” I went to look for myself. Okay, so she had exaggerated a bit: there were two enormous jars of Mott’s applesauce and some orange marmalade.

  • We played several games on Saturday evening: Guesstures, Trivial Pursuit, and Marry, Date or Dump. I don’t remember the question Lee was asked, but it was something obscure about Columbia, for which the answer was Bogota. I said, “If you get this, I will eat my sock.” Of course, he got it. As we were cleaning up our snack buffet later that evening, Lee poured all of our leftover beverages (various sodas, fruit punch, V-8, champagne) into one cup and said, “I will give $10 to whoever drinks this. Anyone? Amanda, it may help wash down that sock.”

  • We also played Celebrity Taboo. It was Gurney’s turn to give me clues, so with the timer running, she flipped a card over and said, “Um…um…Mother Hen…um…um…PASS!” When the timer ran out, I asked, “What was the ‘Mother Hen’ one?” She replied, “Oh, it was Busta Rhymes.” We all stared blankly at her, trying to piece together how Mother Hen was a good clue for Busta Rhymes. She explained, “I was thinking Busta Rhymes…nursery rhymes…Mother Hen.” Lee said, “It’s Mother Goose.”

A few one-liners from the weekend that can’t be explained, but the gang will appreciate:

  • KB: How’s the soup?

  • JD: I’m just goin’ through the motions here, KB.

  • Amanda: If "chickens" didn't exist, it would be all "roosters and hens", "roosters and hens".

  • Gurney: Oh, I get it. 91, 92, 93, 97...

  • KB (as Gurney collapsed on the bed after missing the final word in Guesstures): WHOOOOOOOA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home